This is an antique book that had beautiful deckled pages, yellowed and aged. But the spine was missing so I decided to cover it to make it look very organic. I gathered some mosses and vines and glued it on the spine and cover. I placed an antique escutcheon on the front cover. Still a work in progress while I altered the inside.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
This was a private and boarding school directory before it became a birds nest. I created a mother bird out of clay and placed it in the center of the empty nest. The book was very thick. I used a razor blade(s) to shred it into a nest. It was very theraputic to cut, cut, cut, cut, cut..............
Monday, September 21, 2009
This was an old embossed scrapbook. I cut a window out of it and embedded an original watercolor paintng on paper and some embossed paper (gold). I've seen some really beautiful old scrapbooks/photoalbums for sale on Ebay - I keep hoping to snag one cheap.
Posted by Red at 7:32 PM